Your Academic Advisor is available to help with any questions or concerns you have regarding your progress at RIT.
Who is my academic advisor?
Last Name begins with A-G
Last Name begins with H-Z, Incoming Fall 2015 and later
Last Name begins with H-Z, Incoming Fall 2014 and prior
Visit your advisor for:
- Help interpreting program requirements
- Assistance with courses selection
- Help resolving academic difficulties
- Guidance for setting academic goals
- Accurate and current information on University policies and procedures
- Referrals to campus resources, when you aren’t sure where to go
Undergraduate students can meet with their advisors in two different formats: Open Advising and appointments.
Open Advising: These are time blocks offered by each advisor available for students, offered on a first-come, first-served format. Most of these meetings are less than 15 minutes in length and are not available for Change of Program or Double Major conversations.
Appointments can be made by visiting or calling the office. Each advisor has time available on her calendar to meet with students, and we work with students' schedules to find a mutually good time to meet.
To schedule an appointment:
- Current SE students:
- Login to https://sis.rit.edu and click the teal Starfish icon
- ClickMy Success Network > Schedule Appointment link under your advisor's name
- *If there are no viable appointment blocks: Contact the front desk (see below)*
- Non-SE students
- Call 585-475-5461, or
- Stop by the front desk
Stop by the SE Office, GOL-1690.