- Distributed and Parallel Systems
- Software Synthesis
- System Modeling and Optimization
- Engineering BIG Data Software Systems
Naveen Sharma came to RIT in July 2015 as the Chair and Professor of the Software Engineering Department. Before coming to RIT, he held several roles at Xerox Innovation Group, Xerox Services, and PARC, a Xerox Company (www.parc.com) for nearly 20+ years. Most recently, he was the Director of the Computing and Information Services Lab (CISL) at PARC and CIO of the ITO Business Services Group. Naveen has provided technical leadership in distributed/cloud computing and data intensive scalable computing for CISL, which is broadly focused on research and technology in scalable computing for business process and document solutions, big data analytics, and human computations.
Naveen has extensive experience in technology transfer, and has been involved in many projects that involved customer-focused research and building experimental systems. He holds more than 25 U.S. patents and patent applications.
Naveen received a master’s in mechanical systems analysis and design from the Indian Institute of Sciences, Bangalore (http://www.mecheng.iisc.ernet.in/), and a Ph.D. in computer science from Kent State University (http://www.kent.edu/cs).
- Gueyoung Jung, Tridib Mukherjee, Shruti Kunde, Hyunjoo Kim, Naveen Sharma, and Frank Goetz, Cloud Advisor: A Recommendation-as-a-Service Platform for Cloud Configuration and Pricing. IEEE 9th World Congress on Services, July 2013
- Hua Liu, Yasmine Charif, Gueyoung Jung, Andres Quiroz, Frank Goetz, and Naveen Sharma, “Towards simplifying and automating business process lifecycle management in hybrid clouds”, IEEE 201, Andres Quiroz, Manish Parashar, Nathan Gnanasambandam, Naveen Sharma: Design and evaluationof decentralized online clustering. TAAS 7(3): 34 (2012)
- Hua Liu, Yasmine Charif, Gueyoung Jung, Andres Quiroz, Frank Goetz, Naveen Sharma: Towards Simplifying and Automating Business Process Lifecycle Management in Hybrid Clouds. ICWS 2012:592-599
- Sriram Kailasam, Nathan Gnanasambandam, Dharanipragada Janakiram and Naveen Sharma,“Optimizing Service Level Agreements for Autonomic Cloud Bursting Schedulers”, 6th Workshop Scheduling and Resource Management for Parallel and Distributed Systems at ICPP, San Diego, 2010
- Quiroz, A., Gnanasambandam, N., Parashar, M., and Sharma, N., “Adaptive Usage Control Policy Management using Online Clustering-based Profiling”, 7th International Conference on Autonomic Computing, Washington, DC, 2010