Transfer Credit Pre-approval
Software Engineering majors must obtain approval from their Academic Advisor prior to enrolling in courses offered by another institution. Complete the Transfer Credit Pre-approval form and submit it to your advisor.
Approval for Liberal Arts courses must come from the College of Liberal Arts. Visit the Liberal Arts Student Services Office, 6-2210.
Approval is normally granted only when the following criteria are met:
- For each course you wish to take, you must specify the college or university at which the course is given, the course number and title, a course description, the credit hour value of the course, and the category (in your program of study) to which the course applies
- The course must be three semester hours or four quarter hours of credit
- You have received fewer than 90 quarter hours of transfer credit towards your degree.
- The course is appropriate for one of the course categories in your program of study.
- Complete the course work and receive a grade of (C-) or better.
- Have an OFFICIAL transcript sent to the address below:
RIT - Office of the Registrar
27 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623-5603
- The credit(s) will be granted after the official transcript is reviewed by Liberal Arts and your Academic Advisor.