Welcome! We are looking forward to having you join the department of Software Engineering here at RIT. Fall semester will be here before you know it, and believe it or not, we are already beginning to plan your schedule. In order to enroll you in fall courses, please help us by answering a first-year questionnaire by June 15th. Make sure you have 15-30 minutes set aside to complete the questionnaire. Before taking the questionnaire, please review what information we will need from you!
If you have any questions or have problems with the questionnaire, please email our advising team or call us at 585-475-5461.
It is important that we know information about:
- All incoming transfer credit / AP credit
- This includes any courses taken at local colleges, AP exams, IB exams, or CLEP scores
- Your preferences about general education courses
- You'll be offered a list of possible topics of elective courses. Your preferences will help us build a schedule so it's important to accurately rank your interests.
- Any scheduling restrictions you may currently have
- This can include participation in varsity-level sports, known work schedules, participation in ROTC, or other committments
We will try our best to honor your preferences for courses, but seating is limited. In order to have the best advantage possible, please complete the questionnaire by Wednesday, June 15th so that we have enough time to assemble your schedule.
As you adjust to your new home at RIT, you will have a well-balanced variety of courses in your first semester, typically ranging 14-17 credits. Expect the following in your schedule:
- YearOne, a program for first-year students
- Software Engineering Seminar
- Computer Science
- General Education courses
You can anticipate receiving a schedule in early August. If there are any adjustments to be made to your schedule, we will be happy to discuss them at our advising session during New Student Orientation.