Students who started prior to Fall 2012, please see your academic advisor for questions on the Lab Science requirement.
To fulfill your Math/Science Elective, choose from the suggested course list, or request course approval through your academic advisor (see below).
- ‘Old Curriculum’ (enrolled prior to Fall 2016): Complete 1 Math/Science Elective
- ‘New Curriculum’ (enrolled Fall 2016 and later): Complete 2 Math/Science Electives
Suggested courses / Pre-approved
- BIOL-101 General Biology I
- BIOL-102 General Biology II
- CHMG-141/145 General & Analytical Chemistry I
- CHMG-142/146 General & Analytical Chemistry II
- IMGS-111 Imaging Science Fundamentals
- IMGS-112 Astronomical Imaging Fundatmentals
- MATH-231 Differential Equations
- MATH-219 Multivariable Calc
- MATH-241 Linear Algebra
- MATH-251 Probability and Statistics I
- MATH-351 Graph Theory
- MATH-367 Codes & Ciphers
- PHYS-220 University Astronomy
Other Math/Science Elective Options
Students may also choose another course with advisor approval. Submit the Elective Approval Form for review.
Courses will be considered for approval if:
- The course is in one of the following subject areas:
- BIOL, CHEM, CHMA, CHMB, CHMG, CHMI, CHMO, CHMP, IMGS, MATH, MEDS, PHYS, STAT
- And, the course prerequisite is on the above list of pre-approved courses (or is a required math or science course in the SE program)