Software Archeology @ RIT

[ar·che·ol·o·gy] n. the study of people by way of their artifacts
Introduction to Danielle Neuberger

03 Sep 2013

Hello! My name is Danielle Neuberger. I am a third year Software Engineering major with concentrations in Usability and Cyber Security, as well as a minor in Mandarin Chinese.

I am extremely excited to be working on this project! While doing work on this project, I hope to learn a great deal on research methods, software archeology, writing scripts, data mining, and how to impart meaning onto our collected data. Because the topic of the project is innovative, and the team members and mentor are very bright and enthusiastic, I expect this project to go very well! So far, although the project has only just begun, I have learned a lot about the inner-workings of Chromium, and how to look through the variety of documented artifacts they have (bug reports, code reviews, etc.). There is a lot of material there, so the scripts we will write in the future will be helpful.

From notes at the first couple of team meetings so far, I think the focus on knowledge transfer is very interesting. It will be fascinating to see how we manage to garnish that information from what the chromium developers have left for us to inspect. I haven’t read too much on this topic, but perhaps it’s something to research more in the future as it relates to other projects. The topic of vulnerability as it relates to code inspections (which is, of course, our main topic) should also be very interesting, and perhaps make people rethink how we currently do group project programming on all scales, large and small.

I look forward to being a part of this project and reporting our findings.

« Home