Software Archeology @ RIT

[ar·che·ol·o·gy] n. the study of people by way of their artifacts
Introduction to Shannon Trudeau

07 Sep 2013

My name is Shannon Trudeau and I am a Software Engineering major pursuing a minor in Statistics (as well as a concentration in American Sign Language). I am a member of the Honors College, the Episilon Psi Chapter of Sigma Sigma Sigma National Sorority, and the Society of Software Engineers. I am finishing up a double block co-op at Rochester Software Associates during the Fall semester, and will be back attending classes in the Spring. My expected graduation date is 05/15.

I was really excited when I first heard about this project because I thought it would be a really great learning experience for me. I have not taken a security class yet, so I hope to gain a lot of knowledge about software vulnerabilities from participating in this project. I also have minimal experience writing scripts in Ruby, which will be an integral part of our research gathering efforts.

Code reviews are something rarely examined by SE research projects. There is a large amount of untapped knowledge there. I am really eager to begin mining through the code inspection logs left behind by the Chromium developers, and draw conclusions that could benefit the SE Community at large.

This project is unique from other ones at RIT in that it focuses on the involvement of underrepresented groups in the field of computing. It is exciting for me to be apart of such a diverse team of researchers, who all seem enthusiastic about the project.

« Home