Software Archeology @ RIT

[ar·che·ol·o·gy] n. the study of people by way of their artifacts
Introduction to Alvaro Pareja-Lecaros

20 Sep 2014

Greetings good sirs. I am a fourth year Software Engineering major minoring in Computer Science.

I am quite thrilled to be working on this project as I the matter of security and vulnerabilities in software peaked my interested when I took Professor Meneelys Software Security course this past year. I learned quite a bit from his class and hope to apply that knowledge to this project. I am unfamiliar with data mining, analysis, research methods, and the such so this will be a grand learning experience for me. The team is bright and have shown great enthusiasm toward the project and the new questions we will be focusing on this year so it will most definitely be fun.

I am familiar with Ruby from different academic courses so that should not be too much of a learning curve for me. My first assignment has been to add a few fields to a few tables using ActiveRecord and it has been a challenge learning the ins-and-outs of ActiveRecord. I initial hope to be able to work on challenging tasks as to try to apply some of what I’ve learned in classes with research and it already seems like I am on that path so needless to say, I am excited for what I’ll be working on next.

« Home