Software Archeology @ RIT

[ar·che·ol·o·gy] n. the study of people by way of their artifacts
Week 5 - Adjacencies

26 Sep 2014

I’ve been assigned to work on security adjacencies with Alvaro. Thus far we have made good progress, but are still not quite finished. This is my first time working in Ruby and ActiveRecord, and so far I think it’s pretty fun! I’m enjoying it a lot because it’s very different from the standard C++ and C# programming I’m used to as a game developer.

Thus far, I’ve been working solely on security adjacencies and how to improve on the current system we have. Together with Alvaro, we decided to add in not only a “security_adjacencies” variable, but also a “security_exposure” variable. The exposure variable is different than the adjacencies variable in that it can be incremented multiple times regardless of who you are receiving exposure to the security fixes from, whereas you can only receive one security adjacency per person who is security experienced. In addition to this, I have also been working on the verifies for the security fixes which has been a completely new concept to me.

We should be finishing up this assignment within the week and will hopefully be moving onto something else relatively soon.

« Home