This week was the first week of Iteration 1. It was decided last week that
Iteration 1 would consist mainly of features relating to the student view of
the system. This was decided because it is a substantial piece, but also
because this is probably the most important part to get right. Starting it in
Iteration 1 gives it the most time to be done correctly. We had a meeting to
discuss which features this was likely to include and also who would be
responsible for each general area of concern. This is nowhere near set in
stone, but the following list gives an indication of where we will be starting:
- Whitney - email system (scheduling/notification/confirmation checks)
- Chris - DB schema, DB loading and saving of forms, login and LDAP, session and security
- Tom - form and other web UI (pull data from DB, validation, viewing previous/saved forms
- Patrick - form creation and delivery (creating forms, getting the right form to the right person)
- Dan - additional work on UI, as well as general support work (development environment, Oracle, JBoss, etc.)
Bugzilla has also been installed on a SE machine and is ready to be used.
These feature requests will be entered into the system.
Individual Tasks and Accomplishments
- Patrick and Whitney - collaborated with Kurt to get Bugzilla operation.
- Dan - continued work on getting Oracle and the development environments working.
- Chris - met with the Co-Op office to get an idea of how their operation works.
Issues to Resolve
The actual development is moving slowly due to configuration
problems with Oracle. This needs to be resolved immediately as
it is not a good reason to delay progress on the system.
Short Plan for Next Week
- Track all features that are in progress in Bugzilla and let stakeholders see this, as well as get them logins.
- Have Oracle and development environments configured correctly and working.
- Begin major development efforts towards Iteration 1 features, and have something to show on each front by the end of the week.