This week was the second week of Iteration 1. We have spent a
considerable amount of time becoming familiar with the requirements
for this iteration and also examining the previous teamís software. We
have come to the conclusion that the system will be an addition to the
previous teamís system, and not a completely new entity. This was not
entirely clear until recently and has had some major ramifications on
our development style. We are currently in the process of becoming
familiar with the code and attempting to execute it on our development
server. Some setbacks have come on the database side of things due to
the Oracle user names and password we have been supplied with not
functioning correctly. These problems have finally been resolved and
we are hoping to be able to connect to Oracle from all of our
individual boxes very soon.
Individual Tasks and Accomplishments
- Dan & Chris - troubleshooting and dealing with Oracle and ITS problems.
- Tom - went through the Folium tutorial and is becoming familiar with the UI side of the application.
Issues to Resolve
- We would like access to the Oracle database from all of our individual machines.
- Some issues have been identified with actually running the previous team's system, and are being worked on currently.
Short Plan for Next Week
- Continue to refine development goals for this iteration, given the new understanding of the previous teamís system and our dependence on it.
- Decide on additional database tables that will be needed.
- Have the previous teamís system running flawlessly on our development server.