This week began with the team still having problems accessing the
Oracle database and getting everyone’s development environment going.
Working with ITS we were able to get a database set up that we could
all access from our home machines, and we were able to begin major
development efforts towards our Iteration 1 goals. However, given that
the iteration was supposed to end at the end of this week, and we have
spent the majority of our time looking through the old team’s code,
configuring, and trying to access the Oracle server – we have decided
to extend Iteration 1 by a week. Our plan is to have as much
accomplished towards our original goals as possible by the end of this
next week. Now that everything is running smoothly with the database,
we feel we will meet most of our goals. We spent the greater majority
of Friday working on the project and are ready to make the time
commitments necessary to make this happen.
Individual Tasks and Accomplishments
- Dan - fixed problems with CVS repository
- Tom, Chris, Patrick - have worked on and developed a schema for student forms
- Whitney - began development on the email system
Issues to Resolve
- Our main issues to resolve now are related to development tasks. Most of the issues are simply refining requirements and making minor design decisions. As such, they are minor and known on an individual basis.
Short Plan for Next Week
- Develop, develop, develop. We would like to see major work accomplished that we can show our sponsors by the end of the week. This includes creating our database tables, writing code, and clarifying any design decisions we may need answered.