This week we returned from break and had a meeting on Tuesday with Dr. Naveda,
and a meeting on Thursday with Jim and Mark. Before break we developed a
schedule that included 4 iterations. The dates for these 4 iterations can be
seen on the website. Each iteration should contain a subset of the overall
features for the project. In our meeting on Thursday we were able to discuss
some general requirements issues as well as agree that the focus of the first
iteration would be student based. Some of the general features that will be
looked at for this first iteration will be login, form presentation and
submittal. Some of these pieces may benefit from using the previous teamís
Individual Tasks and Accomplishments
- Patrick - finished work in Project Plan document, and stepped in to set up Bugzilla as Tom was ill.
- Dan - worked to set up a development environment that connects to the Oracle database on the development box.
Issues to Resolve
- The team needs to spend more time examining the previous team's code in order to identify useful pieces that can be re-used.
- A general requirement issue that may take some time to resolve is how to match student logins through DCE to the information that the co-op database has about them.
Short Plan for Next Week
- Begin Iteration 1, which primarily deals with the student view of the system.
- Set up the proper development environment for each developer and get the process going.
- Evaluate the previous team's code in respect to the student view of the system.
- Meet with the Co-Op Office to get an idea of their general process.