This week we had a meeting on Monday to go over some basic issues and develop
the project synopsis for our Tuesday meeting. A key product of this meeting was
developing general responsibilities, or roles, for each member of the team.
They are as follows:
- Whitney Sorenson - Team Lead
- Chris Woodbury - Customer Liaison
- Dan Volpe - Technical Lead
- Tom Small - Web master and Note taker
- Patrick Flanagan - Planning and Metrics Lead
We were able to meet on Tuesday with Dr. Contomanolis, and hear his
vision for the project. We are starting to develop a good sense of the
overall scope and general requirements for the project. In the
immediate future we will need to start to develop a more sophisticated
view of the technological requirements and the manner in which this
vision will be implemented. This will be partially aided by examining
the code from the previous team, which has currently been only
evaluated by our technical lead.
Individual Tasks and Accomplishments
- Chris and Dan - made initial contact with ITS and retrieved the development box.
- Tom - completed initial work on the website and put up the majority of the minutes that have been recorded so far.
- Patrick - continued work on the Project Plan, and researched project-planning tools.
Issues to Resolve
- The team still needs to receive a list of all of the questions, scales, and possible responses from Dr. Contomanolis. (In other words, a sample form.)
- The technical constraints (frameworks, technologies) for the project need to be established and documented (so that they are not changed), so that the team can do the necessary research to be familiar with them.
Short Plan for Next Week
- Resolve aforementioned issues.
- Develop and present to stakeholders a concept of the system (very high-level requirements and design).
- Develop a risk-assessment document and strategies.
- Further refine project plan and development process.
- Begin general requirements gathering.
- Involve everyone in examining the previous team's technical deliverables.