A Web-Based Language Analysis Tool!
Linguine Text Analysis User Test #2
- For any Stanford CoreNLP analyses, any ‘Tokenize’ Preprocessing Options will not effect the outcome of analyses. They can be selected without error but will not change the result.
- Complete the pre-testing survey here
- Download and unzip the Hello.txt zip file
- Login to Linguine using your DCE (RIT Username. Ex: firstname.lastname@example.org) account: http://nlp.rit.edu/linguine/
- Please open the Linguine app in a new window in order to follow directions from this webpage in the tool
- Add the Hello.txt file as a corpus to the Linguine tool. You can name it anything you like.
- Using the Hello.txt as the corpus, choose the appropriate analyses to find the following information:
- Note: for the analyses you may choose any preprocessing options that you would like.
- How many times is the word “Hello” used?
- How many unique words (word types) are used?
- Are any named entities recognized (Hint: there will be a value other than ‘0’ in the ‘ner’ field in analysis output if there is a named entity)?
- What part of speech tag does ‘Hello’ have?
- Complete the post-testing survey here