Review the article: How to Defend an Unpopular Schedule
Read the case studies: Case Study : Giga Safe's ICS 1.0 and A Successful Schedule Negotiation
As a team, answer the following discussion questions and submit to the appropriate myCourses Dropbox.
- What was the first mistake made by Carl in his approach to estimating the time required for Giga-Safe's ICS 1.0?
- How does Bill contribute to the problem?
- In reality how late was the project (in months)?
- List some alternative approaches Carl may have taken.
- How does Tina's scheduling experience differ from that of Carl's Giga-Safe project?
- What aspects of "principled negotiation" does Tina effectively use?
- Use the web to find other, non-software examples of principled negotiation techniques. List at least 2, including an explanation of why this is an example of such.