Software Archeology @ RIT

[ar·che·ol·o·gy] n. the study of people by way of their artifacts
Week 2 - Break and Beyond

04 Feb 2014

Over Break

We all spent a little time over break thinking about this project just to keep our minds fresh. I spent my time researching more about how Chromium reports vulnerabilites (using a template) and reading parts of a book called “The Best Kept Secrets of Peer Code Review”. This book was really beneficial to my fundamental understanding of code reviews, and the processes that the Chromium Developers go through to properly orchestrate a review to be the most effective.

Also, we had some changes with the people working on our team. Alberto graduated! We loved having him on the team and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors. Danielle is on co-op in Virginia and will be working remotely for the remainder of the year. I am back from co-op and am beginning classes again on my first semester.

This Week

This week Brian Spates joined our team! Brian started working on Chromium related projects with Professor Meneely last year, and then went on co-op.

We had our first meeting on Friday to get inital assignments. Brian is working on getting set up with the help of the team. Chris and Danielle are working more on the coding front which they’ll talk about in their posts in the weeks to come. I am working on reading Alberto’s Capstone Research Paper about this project, to give us a better idea of the direction that our paper will be heading, and some things that we can research in our data base of info to help prove our point.

Where are we headed?

Now that we have a good majority of our information gathering from Chromium complete, and we have built a giant datsbase of information, we can take a look at how we want to manipulate that data to prove the main point of our project.

« Home